We love breakfast for dinner at our house. I think I’ve mentioned that before. But I do try to mix it up and not always do the same thing. So last week, I decided to try a new breakfast casserole recipe. Oh. My. Goodness. We loved it!
I got the original recipe from this pin on Pinterest. Then I changed it up a little. Here’s my version:
Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
12 oz package of bacon – cooked and crumbled (you can use any cooked breakfast meat – sausage, ham, bacon, etc.)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or any shredded cheese)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup milk
2 lb bag of frozen tater tots
Salt & pepper to taste
Cook and crumble the bacon. Spread on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Spread the cheese over the bacon. Spread the mushrooms and bell pepper over the cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, and salt & pepper. Pour into the bacon dish, over all the ingredients already layered in it. Add the frozen tater tots on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was so delicious and made enough for dinner for the four of us and we had about half of it leftover. The Coach and I talked about how we could really mix up what we used in as far as meat and veggies. We talked about doing ham with spinach and feta cheese in it. Or sausage with mushrooms and onion. Or ham with broccoli. The possibilities are endless!
On to my menu! We’re in the countdown to the end of The Coach’s softball season, but a busy two weeks of it left. Roo has baseball games a couple days a week, plus sign ups for activities next year and school events. Really just cooking a few actual meals this week and then eating leftovers and throw together suppers the rest of the week! I’ll be linking up on I’m an Organizing Junkie if you’re looking for more meal planning ideas! Or check out and follow my Yummy board on Pinterest! Interested in meal planning? Check out my post on meal planning. Here’s what we’re eating this week:
Breakfasts (we don’t plan for each day – see here for why – but these are our choices along with a fruit)
- Granola bars and yogurt
- Cream of Wheat or oatmeal
- Toast or English Muffins
- Roo: Monday – School lunch; Tuesday – Lunchable; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – School lunch
- Monkey: Monday – Lunchable; Tuesday – Lunchable; Wednesday – Sandwich; Thursday – Mac & Cheese; Friday – Sandwich
- Me: Monday – Leftover tacos; Tuesday – Sandwich; Wednesday – Sandwich; Thursday – Leftovers?; Friday – Leftovers
- Monday – Homemade Mac & Cheese, chicken sausage, peas
- Tuesday – Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, carrots
- Wednesday – Leftovers from Monday and Tuesday
- Thursday – Hot Dogs, chips, fruit
- Friday – Pizza
- Saturday – Pork chops, Broccoli Cheese casserole
- Sunday – Birthday party from 2 -4 pm, so probably just leftovers or snacks for dinner!
What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and feel free to link back to your blog if you have your plan posted!