Welcome to a new feature here at Structure in an Unstructured Life – Things I’m Loving. Here I’ll share some of the products I use on a regular basis and absolutely love. Not a sponsored and review post, just my own personal opinion. You know, the info I’d share if we were hanging out and chatting with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
So for this first edition, I’m sharing some of the make-up I’m loving right now. These are all tried and used – a ton – by me.
1. e.l.f Liquid Eyeliner. I just discovered this last summer. It has taken me awhile to get used to using liquid eyeliner, but the more I get the hang of it, the more I like it. It takes much more patience to apply than a simple pencil eyeliner (at least it does for me!), but I like the darker and more defined look it provides. I have one in black, brown, and a gold glitter I use over one of the two when I’m heading out for a date night!
2. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. This is the perfect marriage of a lip balm and a lip stick. It is moisturizes as well as Chapstick, but provides just enough color to make it perfect for everyday wear. I have it in a few shades and wear it every single day.
3. Physician’s Formula Eye Shadow. My favorites are these Shimmer Strips sets. I have had them in several different color pallettes. I love that there are basically three sets shadows, and they range from more natural muted shades on one end, to a playful medium shade in the middle, then more dramatic darker shades on the other end. I like simple, so my favorite eye shadows are the ones that take the guess work of matching shades out of the equation. This does exactly that by giving me the shades that go together all in one simple set.
4. e.l.f. Mascara. I have had several of the e.l.f. brand mascaras and have loved them all. A great everyday one is the Lengthening & Defining Mascara in black. Just enough without being too much. For going out, I like the 3-in-1 Mascara. It provides a bit more dramatic and bold look.
5. Sinful Colors Nail Polish. I love the variety of colors in this line, but I mostly love the price! I can usually pick this up at Walgreen’s for under $2. Since I tend to get bored easily and quickly with nail polish colors, that works for me! I have a few absolute favorite shades that I never tire of, but some of the more trendy or seasonal colors I like to wear a couple times then I’m done. These polishes go on well, cover just right with two coats, and last pretty well – at least a week, which is great for this mama who washes her hands all the time.
That’s the make-up I’m loving right now. What Make-up are YOU loving right now?