Whew – what a week last week was! Poor Roo was sick for seven – yes seven – days straight! Not like him at all – high fever, lethargic, no appetite. And my poor baby was so miserable! I was one worried Mama! On top of that, we had yet another snowy, blowy, icy Michigan winter day last Tuesday and I slid into a ditch while traveling for work. I was ok, but our minivan has some minor damage. Not the best week.
So my food picture this week is not the greatest. I made this casserole on Tuesday, after being worried sick about my little guy and getting stuck in a blizzard! I have started making my own version of the “cream of…” soups, and in my frazzled, rough day state, I really didn’t measure much! I am happy to report, this recipe is pretty forgiving of that! My Doritos Chicken Casserole turned out great, although I would make a bit more of the chicken filling part next time. Perfect way to use up leftover chicken! You can find the recipe here, on my Yummy board on Pinterest.
On to my menu! Trying a couple new recipes again this week. I made chili on Sunday, so trying a new recipe to use some of the leftovers. Also, trying a couple new chicken recipes. Exciting week in my kitchen! I’ll be linking up on I’m an Organizing Junkie if you’re looking for more meal planning ideas! Or check out and follow my Yummy board on Pinterest! Interested in meal planning? Check out my post on meal planning.
Here’s what we’re eating this week:
Breakfasts (we don’t plan for each day – see here for why – but these are our choices along with a fruit)
- Granola bars and yogurt
- Cream of Wheat or oatmeal
- Toast or English Muffins
- Roo: Monday – School lunch; Tuesday – Lunchable; Wednesday – School lunch; Thursday – Sandwich; Friday – Mama Lunch
- Monkey: Monday – a request for leftover chili!; Tuesday – Lunchable; Wednesday – Chicken Sandwich; Thursday – Sandwich; Friday – Mama Lunch
- Me: Monday – leftovers; Tuesday – leftovers; Wednesday – pick-up liunch (on the road for work); Thursday – Sandwich; Friday – leftovers
- Monday – Bubble Chili Dog, salad
- Tuesday – Pesto Ranch Chicken, pasta, veggies
- Wednesday – Youth night at church
- Thursday – Homemade Chicken Pot Pie (using leftover chicken from Tuesday), salad
- Friday – Pizza
- Saturday – Fish & chips, veggies
- Sunday – Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and feel free to link back to your blog if you have your plan posted!