The chicken was fabulous. Everyone loved it! The boys decided they did not like mushrooms (although they eat them on pizza!), but ate the chicken and the egg noodles I served it over. The Coach said it was definitely a keeper! We both agreed that we would like to thicken the sauce up a little. Any suggestions?
The broccoli cheese bites were not as much of an instant favorite. Roo liked them, Monkey did not. The Coach and I agreed they needed to be a little moister and a little less dense. I did use fresh broccoli and not frozen and mozzarella cheese rather than cheddar (because that’s what I had in the fridge!). I think I’ll try them again but use cheddar and maybe mix in a little melted butter to add some moisture. Which, of course, makes them a little less healthy. Figures!
On to my menu! Pretty normal week – not slow but not overly busy, either. This week I’ll be making some favorites (spaghetti sauce & breakfast for dinner), clearing out some BBQ chicken from the freezer, and throwing in some soup and sandwiches since it is cold, cold, cold here! I’ll be linking up on I’m an Organizing Junkie if you’re looking for more meal planning ideas! Or check out and follow my Yummy board on Pinterest! Interested in meal planning? Check out my post on meal planning.
Here’s what we’re eating this week:
Breakfasts (we don’t plan for each day – see here for why – but these are our choices along with a fruit)
- Granola bars and yogurt
- Cream of Wheat or oatmeal
- Toast or English Muffins
- Roo: Monday – Lunchable; Tuesday – Sandwich; Wednesday – school lunch; Thursday – school lunch; Friday – Mama lunch
- Monkey: Monday – Lunchable; Tuesday – Sandwich; Wednesday – Mac & Cheese; Thursday – Chicken Nuggets; Friday – Mama lunch
- Me: Monday – leftovers; Tuesday – leftovers; Wednesday & Thursday – presentations for work at lunch time – eat in the car!; Friday – leftovers
- Monday – Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
- Tuesday – BBQ chicken sandwiches, fries, veggies
- Wednesday – Church youth night
- Thursday – BLT sandwiches & veggie soup (at the recommendation of my friend Jill, trying the bacon this way!)
- Friday – Pizza
- Saturday (light dinner planned – The Coach and I will be tasting chili in town for our annual winter festival all afternoon!) – breakfast for dinner
- Sunday (Superbowl!!) – Tailgate dinner! Cheese & crackers, chips & dip, veggies & ranch, fruit salad, and trying these little yummies – bacon wrapped smokies
What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and feel free to link back to your blog if you have your plan posted!