I discovered a fun little link up from reading another blog and followed her link. (I feel like I’m in junior high – Stacey said that Jen said that you said…) It is called Tuesday Topics and I thought it might be a fun way to share a little more about myself on here. I’m a day late, but oh well!
The topic for this week is 8 TV Shows. I used to be a huge TV addict. I had at least one show I watched each night and would record them (on a VHS tape!!) if I wasn’t going to be home. (I actually just made myself laugh thinking about setting the timer on the VCR and making sure I had fast forwarded the tape to the end of the other show I hadn’t finished watching yet! Haha!) But these days I am down to a couple shows I regularly watch and a handful of ones The Coach and I will tune in to if we are flipping channels in the evening.
Here are my 8 TV Shows:
- Grey’s Anatomy. I have been watching from the second season (but went back and caught up on the first!). It has been going downhill a little in the past few seasons, but being the type A person I am I feel like I have to watch it until the end. Plus, every once in awhile they get a good story line going and I get caught up again. I love the little monologues, usually done by Meredith, at the beginning and end of every episode.
- The Office. Die hard fan. I have the page-a-day calendar with quotes from the show, I have a couple magnets in my office with the characters, I even had pencils and sticky notes for awhile when they were in the dollar spot at Target. Having worked in an office environment for close to the last decade, this show is so true in so many ways.
- Rescue Me. So this show isn’t still on, but since it was an absolute favorite of both The Coach and I, I had to include it. NYC Firefighter from an Irish Catholic family. Perfect recipe for hilariousness. Be forewarned – it is completely inappropriate and raunchy at times, but if you’re into that kind of thing, we laughed so hard we cried!
- Breaking Bad. I have only seen some of the first season of this show, but so far The Coach and I are really into it. I found the first season on DVD for a steal on Black Friday, so it has been our stay-in date night the last couple times. Another show that is not for those who like their TV to be mild and wholesome.
- Duck Dynasty. I have no idea why I love this show, but I am addicted. It is about this family that runs a business making duck calls. The family is a little crazy, but they all love each other.
- Storage Wars. Nothing like watching people buy and go through other people’s junk! It’s funny to see what’s inside these abandoned storage lockers and even funnier to watch the cast of characters bidding against each other for them.
- Man Vs. Food. Even the kids love this one. We think we have it figured out – he can eat up to four pounds of food. Wow. Just writing that makes me realize we watch some bizarre stuff. But we’ll joke with the kids at dinner now, “Roo vs. the Meatloaf!”
- Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Another food show. We just love seeing the awesome looking food, the people that run the restaurants, and the locations. Some of them are so unique. We’ve said so many times that we should be making a list of the ones we want to go to “some day” if we’re ever in those states.
What are your favorite shows?