Well, I enjoyed one week of a somewhat non-busy schedule, only be thrown into another something almost every night kind of week. This week, on top of our normal activities, we have parent/teacher conferences one night and a half day and full day off from school during the week. Nice for my Roo, but a bit of a logistical and planning nightmare for two working parents! So I am doing easy and crockpot meals this week to at least make dinner time a little less stressful! I’ll be linking up on I’m an Organizing Junkie if you’re looking for more meal planning ideas! Or check out and follow my Yummy board on Pinterest! Interested in meal planning? Check out my post on meal planning.
Here’s what we’re eating this week:
Breakfasts (we don’t plan for each day – see here for why – but these are our choices along with a fruit)
- Granola bars and yogurt
- Cream of Wheat or oatmeal
- Toast or English Muffins
- Roo: Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday – school lunch, Thursday – Lunchable, Friday – soup
- Monkey: Monday – Lunchable, Tuesday – Mac & Cheese, Wednesday – sandwich, Thursday – Lunchable, Friday – soup
- Me: Monday – leftover White Chicken Chili, Tuesday – leftover stew, Wednesday – sandwich, Thursday – soup, Friday – leftover fish
- Monday – Beef stew over biscuits
- Tuesday – (I’m working late and The Coach is making dinner) Chicken Nuggets, fries, veggie
- Wednesday – Church youth night
- Thursday – Fish & Chips, veggie
- Friday – Pizza
- Saturday – Steak, potatoes, veggie (didn’t get to again last week)
- Sunday – Taco Soup, cornbread
This week I’m trying a new beef stew recipe. It’s a combination of two different recipes in one of my favorite crock pot cookbooks, Crock-It by Barbara Murray. Simple and hopefully yummy!
2 pounds stew meat
1 can cream style corn
1 can tomato soup
1 tsp beef granules
1 bag frozen green beans
Mix all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low 8-10 hours.
What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and feel free to link back to your blog if you have your plan posted!